What to Do After a Burglary08/28/2013 Back To Blog
Home invasions are a common phenomenon across the globe. Although, intruders would prefer fancy neighborhoods and expensive houses, they wouldn't deny gaining access to any property, which could give them the potential of stealing something valuable. This is the basic reason we need to keep the keys well protected and have the locks replaced frequently. At least, we have to do our best to secure the entrances of our homes in Monroe with the best possible means that will elevate our sense of safety in contrast to lost house keys that would fill us with anxieties and lead to trouble. The secret is that intruders usually keep away from homes with high security systems; though, the possibility of an intrusion is always open.
The next step
If your house was intruded, it means that your security was loose or the intruders were too professional. In either case, the harm is done and you have to make sure that your new security system will be better.
- You need to check why the intruders chose the specific entry point in order to break in. Is it too weak? Do you need lock replacement?
- If you haven't done it so far, this is the time to inspect every other door and window in your house and consider whether you need to reconsider the entire security system at home.
- Check all keys and locks. Are they in good condition? Do you need a new lock installation to the window of your bedroom or the basement?
- Get informed about new electronic locks and systems. There are amazing products in the market. You may do key repair once in a while, but this is not enough. As technology improves and new locks are introduced in the market, intruders get briefed, too. You must always be one step ahead. Hence, it's time for deadbolt installation.
- Don't forget to check and change the locks in every room including the basement and the garage.
- Did you break any of the basic rules about safety? Think if you told too many people about your recent vacations or speak too much about your personal schedules in the internet. Next time you must keep such personal information to yourself.